May 23, 2011

Today's Devo's

Today, while looking out at God's beautiful creation of the Mountains from Denver CO, I started reading Matthew again. Matthew 7 really stood out to me, as I think of my life.


"Judge not, that you be not judged. (how often do people use this verse to justify sin...) For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not noice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye," when there is a log in your own eye? You Hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye."


Growing up in a Christian home, and going to a Christian School and studying the Bible, it become so easy to think that we (speaking personally) have it figured out completely, that we should be eye surgeons. But I'm still young, (and so are my peers) ((not to ignore 1st Timothy 4:12)) but to think that we in our youth are wiser than others is just a modified "christian" version of the rest of the world's youth who think they are the smartest. The world doesn't revolve around us. Living out the Gospel is just as important as making sure it is known.

No comments:

Post a Comment